CALL FOR PAPERS
The Institute of Conservator-Restorers’ in Ireland (ICRI) invites presentations for its 30 years celebration and biennial conference Conservation Activities in Ireland VII to be held on 14th and 15th October 2021. This is a special year for the Institute as it celebrates 30 years as the professional body for conservator-restorers in Ireland. Founded in 1991, the Institute continues to set standards of professional practice through its accreditation scheme, and via training workshops, courses and conferences, organised by ICRI. To mark this special occasion, this year’s conference will be held as a two-day virtual event. The virtual platform gives ICRI a wonderful opportunity to promote the conservation profession to a wide audience, and to encourage discussion and networking with allied professionals and the interested public.
The conference program for 14th -15 th October offers a professional forum for members to showcase their recent activities and achievements, and aims to feature a broad range of conservation specialisms. Keynote lectures for this year’s conference will look back at 30 years of Conservation in Ireland.
The conference committee welcomes proposals for 30 minute presentations on the following themes:
• Conservation treatments – significance; analytical methodology; results
• Collection level solutions – preservation; policy
• Collections Access – impacts; thresholds; sustainability,
• Digital advances – documentation; exhibition; advocacy; connecting globally
• Conservation training –defining the need; are the current optionsfit-for-purpose?
• Conservation and sustainably –UN sustainability goals;climate change
• Co-operative or cross-disciplinary projects –stakeholder engagement; innovative solutions
The conference committee also welcomes proposals for 10 minute presentations in lieu of posters. These shorter presentations may be on any of the themes above and can represent student projects, collaborations, and the implementation/adaption/appraisal of a conservation technique. The conference will be recorded and it is expected that the conference papers will be published to ensure an enduring legacy from the event.
The deadlines for submissions is 31 st May 2021 at 5pm Please email your proposal to:firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
• Title of presentation
• Presentation abstract (250 - 300 words with 2 images, excluding speaker’s biography and contact details)
• Speaker's biography (150 words maximum)
• Contact details (email and telephone number)
All submissions will be acknowledged and successful submitters notified by 30th June 2021. Please note, each presenter/author is responsible for attaining copyright and data protection clearance on content presented. ICRI intends to publish post-prints following the conference with peer-review and editorial processes followed.