ICOM-Ireland travel grants
The International Council of Museums-Ireland (ICOM-Ireland) has some limited funds available to financially support members wishing to attend conferences and meetings as part of their continued professional development. These grants are generously sponsored by the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.
Application criteria for funding:
1. Funding will only be awarded to applicants wishing to attend an event held before end of October 2019.
2. Applications must be received by the Treasurer at least four weeks in advance of the event.
3. The amount of money awarded to each applicant is dependent on the funds available; in the majority of cases the funding awarded will be no more than €500.
4. A limited number of grants may be available for one particular event or conference. In the event of multiple applications for the same course preference may be given to those presenting a paper or a percentage of the travel expenses may be awarded.
5. Funding will typically be paid on receipt of proof of payment and/or attendance.
6. To ensure parity, members can only apply for one grant a year.
7. Recipients are expected to write a brief review (500 words) of the event attended.
Eligibility: Applications will be considered from all Individual members and staff representatives from Institutional members. Please note: Members in arrears are not eligible to apply.
How to apply:
All applicants need to submit an email requesting funding to: email@example.com
The letter should include:
• details of the course/workshop/conference you would like to attend including fees, estimated transport and accommodation costs, • any details of funding already received to attend the event,
• relevance of the event to your CPD.
The ICOM-Ireland Committee will consider all applications and where necessary further information may be requested. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible.