Students who wish to embark on a career in conservation may apply for an ICRI Education Bursary. Given the very limited funding available, the Institute’s Education Bursary Policy only focuses on studies to Masters level, giving priority to those areas of conservation under-represented here in Ireland. It regrets that it cannot fund those studying at PhD level.
The deadline for receipt of applications for the forthcoming academic year is the 30th June.
- Applicants must be either born on the island of Ireland and/or be longterm residents (min. 5 years) of the island of Ireland. Proof of identification and proof of residency will be requested.
- Applicants must submit an application letter together with an up to date CV. Applications must include a full breakdown of costs (fees, accommodation, travel expenses, materials).
- A letter from the relevant institution, confirming the offer of a place, should accompany the application. In the case of second year students, this should be accompanied by a letter from the course tutor confirming successful completion of the previous year.
- Bursaries will be awarded to students wishing to undertake a recognised
conservation/education course. The Board will consider all applications; where necessary further information may be requested.
- In the event of multiple applications priority may be given to certain specialisms
identified to address a deficit in sectoral training.
- The amount of money awarded to each student is dependent on the funds available.
- Bursary recipients must submit a brief illustrated report on completion of training to
ICRI. The content of this report may be published by ICRI to promote the Institute's activities.
- Applications should be sent to the ICRI Secretary at email@example.com.
NB By applying for an ICRI Education bursary, applicants agree that the information
submitted is truthful and that they have read, understand and agree to abide by the
Application Criteria. Failure to comply will result in withdrawal of any award and may result
in loss of membership of ICRI.
Awards are made at the discretion of the Board. Decisions made by the ICRI Board on
applications for bursaries are final.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible.